Time and Again

A touch of wisdom, a touch of scripture, a touch of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pocatello, Idaho, United States

A strong christian with a drive for moral purity and accountability. I grew up in a rural town, and now live in a 'rural' city (it's got lots of trees...) while going to University and seeking the Lord's will for his life.

Saturday, June 17, 2006

"Time and Again"

Wisdom for the day: "It's always so difficult to keep on track. The natural tendancy in whatever endeavor we seek is to somehow do something stupid. Whether it's saying something we really don't mean, doing something we don't want, or not doing something we know we should, our sinful nature has the tendancy of getting the best of us. So how do we fix it... well, we're like cracked pipes, you can patch them, but only when you get a brand new one does it help anything. Until then, the most helpful patch that keeps us from leaking sin is to read the word of God and to be in constant (not just morning and night) communication with Him. Like it says in Proverbs: "As a dog returns to its vomit, so a fool returns to his folly. (Proverbs 26:11)" Thus, if you're sick of being foolish: get wise; here's how: "The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom; all who follow his precepts have good understanding. To him belongs eternal praise. (Psalm 111:10)"

Scripture for the day: Proverbs 8:5, " You who are simple, gain prudence; you who are foolish, gain understanding. "

Life: Ok, so it's been a while. No huge changes, made it through Spring semester fine, will be starting Summer classes next week (after this coming week). I've been working 20 hours a week at the ITRC, which has been nice, but exhausting because I cram them into two 9.5 hour days (plus one hour the next). This allows for alot of freedom on the rest the week, but not much else. Helped Andrew substitute for the 2 & 3 year olds Sunday School, that was an adventure, since I've never had much experience at all with anyone under the age of 6. Still, all went well and I learned a bit about kids, funny how I'm the one learning at Sunday School. Anyway, been helping with the Youth Group on Wednesday nights, and praying with them as they prepare for their mission trip this July. Things with Crossroads have slowed down, since half the group left for the summer, and everyone else is touch and go. Got a couple of new faces around, and I actually think the smaller group makes it easier for new people to join in, since they don't go unnoticed and most of the cliches have dissolved over summer. Continuing to struggle with God's will in my life for a relationship, seems I'm not in one, but my mind runs there a little too often. I pray God will grant me self-control and wisdom, to determine his will and follow it.

9 Comments:

Blogger Fibonacci said...

And I thought the 5th and 6th graders were on the young end of things!

1:42 PM  
Blogger AllonOak said...

Speaking of 5th and 6th graders, I'm actually substitute teaching Randy's class for the next two Sundays... that should be interesting

8:17 AM  
Blogger Fibonacci said...

Erick is usually paying attention even when he looks like he's not, and he'll answer direct questions. Samantha will volunteer as much information (some of it relevant, some of it related to WW2) as you allow her to. The rest of the group have actually taken a Vow of Silence. I only know two reliable ways to get them to break it. One is to ask them to read from the text, and the other is to bring cookies.

12:04 AM  
Blogger AllonOak said...

Cookies it is :p

Unfortunately, the reason I'm substituting, is because the Slutzs are going out of town for 10 days, so Erick won't be there.

7:12 AM  
Blogger Fibonacci said...

Well, you've still got Samantha. :)

7:26 AM  
Blogger AllonOak said...

Actually, I showed up and had four students: Steven Muse's daughter (can't remember her name), Sarah Gutterrud's sister (what's her name again?), Hannah (I can't remember her last name), and Jaden Lilenquist (however you spell it...)... on top of it, I made over 30 cookies for them! Needless to say I had leftovers...

3:48 PM  
Blogger Fibonacci said...

I think the first name you're trying to think of is Selah. Not sure about spelling. I'd forgotten that Jaden had been moved to that class; he's a lot of fun.

4:58 PM  
Blogger AllonOak said...

Actually, it's not Selah, it's Krishana (I asked her again this morning). Also new to the class this morning was a boy named Daniel. He seems like he has some Christian background, but I've never seen him around before. Oh, and the other girl was Megan Gutterud.

12:57 PM  
Blogger Fibonacci said...

Okay, there is a girl named Selah, I was just forgetting her parents names. But come to think of it, she's in a younger class. I could have told you the name Krishana if I'd placed the last name.

If it's the same Daniel I'm thinking of, he's been to the class at least once before.

2:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home