Time and Again

A touch of wisdom, a touch of scripture, a touch of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pocatello, Idaho, United States

A strong christian with a drive for moral purity and accountability. I grew up in a rural town, and now live in a 'rural' city (it's got lots of trees...) while going to University and seeking the Lord's will for his life.

Thursday, April 20, 2006

"Who are you?"

Wisdom for the day: "I've considered how often I tend to say rude or pesimistic comments to someone because I think they're doing something incorrectly, or acting inappropriately. I say, 'well, it's our responsibility as Christians to ensure the body is behaving healthily', and while that is certainly true and necessary, I should be able to build those people up in Christ to good works, not just point out what's wrong. More specifically, to overcome this tendancy to be overly critical, I myself must find a way to reach out, perhaps by changing my actions, watching my words, or considering my attitudes. To put it simply, we should not use our 'personalities' as an excuse for sin or destructiveness, but prefer "Stop being 'yourself', and start being a Christian.' Because in all reality, we're not supposed to be 'whatever we happen to be', but be like Christ."

Scripture for the day: I Corinthians 9:19-22; '19Though I am free and belong to no man, I make myself a slave to everyone, to win as many as possible. 20To the Jews I became like a Jew, to win the Jews. To those under the law I became like one under the law (though I myself am not under the law), so as to win those under the law. 21To those not having the law I became like one not having the law (though I am not free from God's law but am under Christ's law), so as to win those not having the law. 22To the weak I became weak, to win the weak. I have become all things to all men so that by all possible means I might save some.'

Life: The show starts tomorrow; The Merry Widow, that is. It's been a lot of work, and a lot of long evenings, but it will be over before I know it. School has become difficult for me, because I've become sluggish the last few weeks, but I do continue to study, knowing the consequences if I am unprepared for finals week. The college group goes well, as I have tried to persue some activities, trying to fill some leadership role which many feel we are in need of. Of course, I haven't been able to do much since I've basically been unable to attend for the last two weeks, and won't be able to today or next week either. I just pray God will keep me continuing working, and not allow me to become sluggish about my responsibilities.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home