Time and Again

A touch of wisdom, a touch of scripture, a touch of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pocatello, Idaho, United States

A strong christian with a drive for moral purity and accountability. I grew up in a rural town, and now live in a 'rural' city (it's got lots of trees...) while going to University and seeking the Lord's will for his life.

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

"Karma?? Not Quite..."

Wisdom for the day: "Consequences are an interesting thing, sometimes they are bad, sometimes good, and sometimes just different from the one we wanted. Firstly, many people today overlook the fact that sinful actions have bad consequences. Sometimes they may have short-term advantages, but sooner or later you have a spiritual bill to pay, either in your relationship with God, with others, or both. Equally overlooked is the fact that though good actions may have unforseeable consequences, they rarely turn something out for the worse. Of course, we may never see any good come from our actions; but that is just one aspect of faith: knowing that doing those things God has called us to do will turn out for the best, whether for us, or for others; and that just by doing what we know to be right will guarantee eternal rewards."

Scripture for the day: I Timothy 5:24-25, "24The sins of some men are obvious, reaching the place of judgment ahead of them; the sins of others trail behind them. 25In the same way, good deeds are obvious, and even those that are not cannot be hidden.

Life: Last night was the Pocatello Music Club Scholarship Auditions, basically an ISU event for singers, where we all perform a piece (about twenty of us this year), and are ranked 1st-4th, where 1st-3rd get money, and 4th gets honorable mention. Though it is a stressful occasion, it is very nice to have the opportunity to truly perform. By God's grace (I was certainly asking for it), I was able to sing well (without critical errors), and generally enjoy the evening. In addition, I found out later at opera practice (yes, had to leave the competition after I sang to go to opera...) that I had taken third place, a great blessing indeed, seeing as how it was very tough competition. This is a great encouragement to me, just to know that I do have some sort of capability, and am not just pretending to myself about my ability to sing (not that I'm the best in the department or anything, just a capable singer). In other news, we had a freak storm rip through saturday night, which carried winds up to 85 mph (though I saw very little of it, since I was inside the SUB when it came), knocked over some trees in town, knocked out the power in most the area, but the wind was gone in 20 minutes, and the snow melted the next day. I pray God will help me to continue running the race well, and to be able to begin to share His gospel with those around me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home