Time and Again

A touch of wisdom, a touch of scripture, a touch of life.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Pocatello, Idaho, United States

A strong christian with a drive for moral purity and accountability. I grew up in a rural town, and now live in a 'rural' city (it's got lots of trees...) while going to University and seeking the Lord's will for his life.

Monday, April 03, 2006

"What is Love?"

Wisdom for the day: "We are called to serve others through love. This can be very difficult, not only because we have trouble serving people, but more often because we have difficulty having pure motives. While it shouldn't surprise us that there are advantages to serving others, these should not be our motivation: recognition, returned 'favors', or improved relationships to name a few. If we don't act out of love, while our actions may look good, they tend to lack in eternal consequence. Now, how you manage the love to serve your enemies... that's up to God."

Scripture for the day: Luke 14:12-14, "12And He also went on to say to the one who had invited Him, "When you give a luncheon or a dinner, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, otherwise they may also invite you in return and that will be your repayment. 13"But when you give a reception, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, 14and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous."

Life: This week has been/will be interesting. Firstly, because of opera, I cannot go to the College fellowship retreat, or at least, Friday night of it. The decision comes, then, whether I want to try to drive several hours to attend Saturday night and Sunday morning... a tough one. In addition, I abrubtly ended the previously mentioned relationship, though I'm still not sure why, it had mostly to do with my insecurity in my life plan compared with her zealous desire for marriage (not that I was opposed to the idea, or that she was against waiting, it's just a very sticky situation to get to know someone in...). Thus, my relationship with her, her friends, and the rest of the college group is a bit uncertain at current. I made a point of asking God's direction throughout the time we were dating, and continue to ask (even more fervently) for direction. I just pray God will allow me to do what needs to be done, without disruption from emotion or outside sources.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home